New Map App fills the gap for London parents on the go
- Mums Tips
- Baby & Toddlers
- Published on Wednesday, 02 October 2013 09:00
- Last Updated on 02 October 2013
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Gobaby is first app for pram-friendly Tube stops and baby changing spots.
Gobaby App launched on 22 July 2013, amidst public excitement about “Baby Cambridge” and the start of summer holidays, as the first app to provide baby changing spots and pram accessible London Underground stops for new parents on the go. Gobaby developer Jen Corlew created the app after feeling overwhelmed while travelling across London by tube with her baby on maternity leave.
Now available for iPhones and Android smartphones (1 October), Gobaby is a map app offering detailed accessibility information about the Tube, DLR and Overground stations and more than 1,000 baby changing spots across Greater London including cafes, libraries, museums, restaurants and retailers, to help on the go mums and dads avoid the daily struggle of sweaty, tearful and sometimes smelly journeys with their babies and toddlers in London.
– Quick, reliable and easy to use.
– More than 1,000 verified baby changing locations across Greater London including cafes, restaurants, libraries, museums, and retailers.
– Find easily London Tube, DLR and Overground stations Zones 1-9 that have lifts, escalators, are stair free or have more than 10 stairs to help you plan your travel without asking for help with your pushchair.
– Live Service Updates for London Underground to speed up your journey. (Not available for London Overground)
– In a hurry to change your baby? Find the nearest child-friendly location instantly where you are.
– Search locations in List View or pull up your Favourite locations without Internet access while you’re on the go.
– Get social by sharing, adding or reviewing the best baby-friendly London locations to help other parents.
New mum turns App Developer to fill the gap for London parents
Gobaby founder Jen Corlew decided to develop the app for new mums and dads living in or visiting London after several harrowing Tube journeys with her baby:
“I’ll never forget facing the 56 steps at Tottenham Court Road Tube station with my small baby and pram. I asked a stranger for help, but then realised halfway up that the pram was facing the wrong way and my son was falling out and teetering over the concrete steps. It was too crowded to change direction so we continued with me trying to hold him in. Never again! Gobaby fills this gap for parents, so they can avoid lifting prams up steps or changing their babies on dirty toilet floors.”
Jen worked with Rare Breed Digital to develop the app.
Gobaby App is available in the App Store for £1.49 exclusively for iPhone. An Android version will be available in Google Play on 2nd October 2013.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums