Kids Club: Little scientist experiments a Volcano eruption with Project Mc2 kit
- Kids Club
- Published on Wednesday, 16 March 2016 14:39
- Last Updated on 07 April 2016
- 0 Comments
I love science and British Science Week is great as there are so many more ideas and products everywhere. The latest science kit I reviewed is one by Project Mc2 For this experiment I have created a video with my very special assistant Adrienne Attoms. I hope you enjoy it!
Information for parents:
A brand new fashion doll line by MGA Entertainment, Project Mc2 offers a ‘geek chic’ lifestyle approach for tween girls through smart and savvy science-inspired play. We love the new motto Smart is the new Cool. When it launched last August the same day as the Netflix original series of the same name.
Aspirational and effortlessly cool, the range focuses on four main characters – each with a different personality, interests and sense of style. They are:
- McKeyla McAlister (Mc2)
- Writer, hipster and undercover spy! When McKeyla isn’t writing in her journal, you’ll find her reading a Sir Arthur Conan Doyle novel, upcycling or saving the world! Her catch phrase is “I’m smart. Get over it!”
- Adrienne Attoms (A2)
- Made of a more complex recipe than sugar and spice. Adrienne is a culinary chemist! Originally from Spain (her father is a diplomat), she just loves to host dinner parties. Her catch phrase is “Pretty Brilliant”
- Bryden Bandweth (B2)
- Bryden loves tweeting, digital photography, streaming music and anything tech! Just don’t ask her to go camping in the wilderness or anywhere without a hotspot! She’s a 24/7 #digitaldarling. Her catch phrase? “Stand Back, I’m Trending”
- Camryn Coyle (C2)
- Known for her high IQ, Camryn’s real genius comes out in the garage – especially when it comes to her souped up skateboard! Her catch phrase is “Nailed It”
The four girls attend Maywood Glenn Academy – but are also part of a secret, seriously cool organisation, NOV8 (pronounced ‘Innovate’). Even their friendship makes mathematical sense – based on the Pythagorean theorem that A2 + B2 = C2
The product line includes:
- Project Mc2 Dolls with Experiments (RRP £24.99)
- Each character comes complete with their very own experiment for you to make at home. Build McKeyla’s lava light or Camryn’s skateboard, make Adrienne’s volcano erupt or Bryden’s glow stick shine! All experiments use products you can find in your own home for the ultimate in interactive science play.
- Project Mc2 Dolls (RRP £14.99)
- Based on the girls in the show, the range includes a lifelike McKeyla, Adrienne, Bryden and Camryn – each with their own distinct styling
- D.I.S.N – Advanced Digital Intelligence Spy Notebook (RRP £24.99).
- Be a secret agent just like McKeyla McAlister with your vey own personal, digital notebook. With fun phrases directly from the character in the TV show, a booklet containing secret missions, hidden compartments and a special NeRDy bracelet, being an agent has never been more fun! The Notebook also ties into the free app, Project Mc2 Case Files, for even more action.
Kids can visit go online at www.ProjectMc2.com and become an honorary member of NOV8 and ‘ladder up’ through the organisation through a series of fun Ops tests. They can play games, take quizzes, watch videos, learn more about the girls from Project Mc2 and even ask them questions!
For all those parents with teen girls …. You will be pleased to know that two more seasons of the Daytime Emmy nominated series Project Mc2 will premiere on Netflix. Season 2 will premiere worldwide on Friday 12 August 2016, followed by Season 3, which will be available in late 2016.
The first season is available to watch on Netflix now. It’s based around four super smart and science-skilled girls recruited to join the spy organization, NOV8.
If want to know all about the super cool or super smart dolls, read the interview with Andrew Laughton, MD of MGA about his vision on this new dolls’ generation here
You can read this article also in a recent London Mums print magazine available from selected supermarkets in London or as a pdf (click on the links to download).
I am 13 years old and I love being a child reporter for London Mums Magazine. I have done this since I was 8! I am a crazy Lego engineer, I like Fortnite but I am still a big fan of Shaun the Sheep, Wallace & Gromit, all Aardman & Johnny English movies. I also have a passion for airplanes and I would like to become an aircraft engineer one day. Check out my posts here and my videos on the London Mums YouTube channel.