Kids Club: Child reporter Amelie rides along in Disney On Ice presents Magical Ice Festival
- Kids Club
- Published on Saturday, 25 April 2015 10:20
- Last Updated on 25 April 2015
- 0 Comments
Hi I am Amelie. I am back reporting for the London Mums magazine and this time from my favourite show ever: Disney On Ice presents Magical Ice Festival. I was so lucky as I was picked with my friend and also child reporter Diego to ride along in a special cart during the Rapunzel segment and I can tell you that it was amazing to see the show from the inside.
Here is my review of the show. Click on the picture to enlarge.
Disney On Ice presents Magical Ice Festival is in London only for a few days so don’t miss this unique opportunity to see a very original new Disney on Ice show. Click here www.disneyonice.co.uk for ticket details and show times.
Girls who came dressed up as their favourite Princesses were pleased to see a special Disney’s Frozen show performed by Anna and Elsa. Audiences were taken on a journey up the North Mountains with the hilarious snowman Olaf, rugged mountain-man Kristoff and his loyal reindeer Sven as they help the sisters along the way in a story full of action, adventure, magic and unforgettable characters.
Produced by Feld Entertainment, Magical Ice Festival is an enchanting mix of royalty, highlighting the stories of Disney’s most beloved heroines with energetic choreography that will have audiences singing, dancing and cheering their favourite Disney characters as they each embark on their own epic journeys.
Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse guide fans through an enchanting wonderland where they encounter Sebastian and the Daughters of Triton from Disney’s The Little Mermaid, the rowdy pub thugs from Disney’s Tangled and the loyal enchanted servants from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast.
Disney On Ice presents Magical Ice Festival eye-opening facts and figures:
Hours it takes to set up the production – 12-15
Number of male performers in the production – 21
Number of female performers in the production – 22
Number of costumes in the show – 180
Number of yards of fabric used to make the costumes – Over 350 thousand
Total number of props in the show – 183
Number of different paint colours used on the props – 85
Sister producers Nicole Feld and Juliette Feld have composed their own lineup of creative talent to produce this star-studded skating extravaganza:
- Patty Vincent (Director) – Directed numerous Feld Entertainment ice and stage shows including Disney On Ice presents Rockin’ Ever After, Dare to Dream and Treasure Trove; began her career at Feld Entertainment as a skater 31 years ago and has advanced in the company to become the Character Development Director for all touring Disney On Ice In this role, she creates movement that best suits the performers, as well as the animation of the character they portray in each production. Additional credits include co-director of Playhouse Disney Live! and co-director of High School Musical Summer Celebration (stage show).
- Jeremy Desmon (Writer) – Credits include The Girl in the Frame, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie & Other Storybooks, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Barnum BashSM and Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival. He received the 2007 Kleban Award for excellence in Musical Theatre Bookwriting and is also a recipient of the Dramatists Guild’s Jonathan Larson Fellowship
- Cindy Stuart (Choreographer) – Four-time Professional Skaters Association “Choreographer of the Year award” nominee and the 2014 Sonja Henie award nominee; collaborated with Olympic Gold Medalist Robin Cousins on multiple projects; choreographed for US Champion Gracie Gold, US Bronze Medalist Mirai Nagasu, World and Olympic Champions Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao and Olympic Champions Jamie Salé and David Pelletier; choreographer for several Disney On Ice productions, including Disney On Ice presents
- Walt Spangler (Scenic Designer) – Created sets for theatre, opera, dance and ice; his credits include the Broadway revival of Desire Under The Elms, The US National Tour of A Christmas Story: The Musical, Maury Yeston’s Tom Sawyer Ballet, Kenneth Lonergan’s Medieval Play, the upcoming world premiere of Tuck Everlasting The Musical and the upcoming Beijing premiere of White Snake
- Cynthia Nordstrom (Costume Designer) – Designed costumes for more than 15 original dance shows in Downtown Disney; designed costumes for Marvel Universe LIVE!, Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy and Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever!
- Sam Doty (Lighting Designer) – Credits include Disney On Ice presents Frozen, Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Barnum Bash? and Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Super Circus Heroes?; has assisted in the planning and building of every Feld Entertainment show since 2006. Doty’s vast experience with lighting dance shows and his understanding of rhythm and melody play an integral role in his unparalleled ability to translate music and movement into light.
The Dates and the Venue
Dates: 23rd – 26th April 2015
The Venue: The SSE Arena, Wembley, London
Address: Arena Square, Engineers Way, HA9 0AA
I am a bubbly 8 year old girl with a passion for music (I play the cello and piano), dancing, science e writing. I love being a child reporter for the London Mums magazine as it gives me the opportunity to do everything I love doing.