The London Motor Show is in the capital Battersea Evolution 6-8 May 2016
- Published on Wednesday, 13 April 2016 11:05
- Last Updated on 12 April 2016
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
London is proud to host The London Motor Show from the 5th-8th May 2016! Here you go an event for dads and kids – boys and their toys at the doorstep. The ultimate, must-attend event in the automotive calendar, the Show will be hosted at Battersea Evolution over four days, with an exclusive preview evening on Thursday 5th May where HRH Prince Michael of Kent will cut the ribbon to open the Show.
Over the three days, some 35 car brands and 130 models will be showcasing the latest vehicles with prices ranging from £8,000, to in excess of £200,000, to cater to everyone’s pocket. A variety of well-known and renowned manufacturers will be featured including, Alfa Romeo, Bentley, Ferrari, Ford, Volvo, Mini, Rolls-Royce, Aston Martin, BMW and Jeep together with unique supercars to be seen in London for the first time.
Every day the lecture theatre will play host to a fantastic line-up of honoured speakers including, Sir Stirling Moss, Tiff Needell, Ben Collins, Nigel Mansell and Afzal Kahn. They’ll be focussing on a number of major motoring issues, such as hybrid and electric cars, design and innovation, and campaigning for the new safety initiative called ‘Stop the Crash.’ For visitors there will also be book signing opportunities from the guest speakers and the chance to sit alongside these established motoring names whilst they test drive cars at the Show.
The exhibition is designed with families in mind with fantastic activities and games on hand to keep everyone entertained. Children and parents alike can experience what it’s like to be a racing driver in the TOP GEAR simulator where original BBC HD footage is used to showcase the full force of acceleration, slick gear changes and phenomenal braking. Fans of the racing game, Project CARS, can take the opportunity to try it out using a VR (Virtual Reality) headset and experience life in the fast lane.
Highlights of the London Motor Show at Battersea Evolution will include:
- 35 car brands and over 130 models will be on show to the public
- The Show will be officially opened by HRH Prince Michael of Kent – The London Motor Show’s patron
- Fantastic sale offers from motoring dealerships and manufacturers on top-known brands including, Aston Martin, Rolls-Royce, Ford, Nissan, Volvo, Fiat, BMW, Jaguar, Aston Martin, Land Rover and more…
- A variety of new models to be seen in the capital for the very first time
- The chance to meet inspiring celebrities including, Sir Stirling Moss, Tiff Needell and Ben Collins
- A limited edition, one-off, Land Rover Defender designed by Kahn
- An exclusive chance to play the limited edition, Project CARS game on a VR headset
- Iconic, historic cars on display such as The Bluebird and a 1920 350hp Sunbeam
- A full size replica of The Bloodhound
- VIP Hospitality Packages for networking and entertaining opportunities
- Delicious dining experiences from Al’s Roadside Café and The Smart Restaurant
- Thrilling activities including the TOP GEAR driving simulator
- Honoured guest speakers including, Nigel Mansell and Afzal Kahn who will be offering book signing opportunities and sitting on Q&A guest panels discussing the motoring trends of the future
The general early bird admission ticket is £15 from 6th-8th May and children under 10 go free. On the door ticket price is £20.
For more information visit www.thelondonmotorshow.co.uk/
Friday 6th May: 10.00am – 6.00pm
Saturday 7th May: 10.00am – 6.00pm
Sunday 8th May: 10.00am-5.00pm
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums