WIN 1 OF 15 PLACES AT A CENTRAL LONDON FARM WITH AN EXCLUSIVE STORY TIME SESSION FEATURING ACTRESS TAMZIN OUTHWAITE
- Published on Wednesday, 12 June 2013 15:06
- Last Updated on 19 June 2013
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
We have teamed up with Munch Bunch to celebrate the opening of the public vote for its annual story writing competition, Munch Time. This is the fifth year of the popular competition which encourages parents to put pen to paper and create wonderful tales featuring Munch the Cow and there have been more entries than ever!
The judges have read each and every one and carefully selected a shortlist of the top 10 stories from all across the country. From 1st July the top 10 stories will be online at www.munchtime.co.uk for you, and your little ones, to decide which one deserves to be the winner of Munch Time 2013.
To mark the occasion, Munch Time judge, London actress and mum-of-two Tamzin Outhwaite will be hosting a special story-time session for London Mums at one of South West London’s best city farms*. 15 London Mums and their little ones* can enjoy a private story time with Tamzin reading last year’s winning Munch Time story, Munch and her Wished for Friend, which was written by Ealing mum, Kirstie Ferret. Afterwards they can enjoy free entrance to the farm.
Tamzin told us: “I love story-time with my two girls. It is a very special one-on-one period of calm, where we can all just snuggle up and escape the stresses of the day.”
Munch Time is supported this year by the National Literacy Association, a charity dedicated to helping children foster a love of reading. Chair, Ray Barker, who will be attending the event to tell parents more about the value of early reading, said: “It’s been proved time and time again that children who are introduced to the joy of sharing books and stories at an early age will be at an advantage when they start school. Munch Time is a great initiative which encourages parents to enjoy stories with their little ones.”
We have an exclusive invitation for 15 London Mums to attend the event on Wednesday 26th June 2013 at 1.30pm with their little ones. Places are invitation only and limited so to stand a chance to win, simply tell us the name of last year’s winning Munch Time story.
For your chance to win one of these tickets, answer the simple question below in our dedicated competition page (USE ONLY THE DEDICATED PAGE & DO NOT SEND MESSAGES OR DO NOT POST MESSAGES ON THE WEBSITE OR ON THIS PAGE AS THE ENTRY WON’T BE VALID – YOU WON’T BE NOTIFIED OF THE WRONG ENTRY) https://londonmumsmagazine.com/competition-area. The question is: ‘What’s the name of last year’s winning Munch Time story?’ or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to enter is 21st June 2013.
*Terms & Conditions
• Each parent can bring along a maximum of 2 children aged between 2-5 (pre-school)
• Winners will be contacted immediately with full venue and event details
• Winners should be prepared to be filmed and photographed as part of the event. Footage will be used on London Mums and the Munch Time online platforms
• The story time session will commence at 1.30pm sharp (it will only last 15 minutes, the time for Tamzin to read the story). The event will be finished by 1,45pm – so mums who are running back for school pick up will be able to do so.
• Each parent and their child(ren) can enjoy FREE entry to the farm throughout the day (before and / or after the event)
• Travel expenses up to £10 will be covered upon production of a valid receipt on the day
• Lunch will not be provided
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums