Win A United Kingdom inspired prize bundle
- Published on Saturday, 19 November 2016 19:49
- Last Updated on 19 November 2016
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Based on the incredible true story of Seretse Khama and Ruth Williams, A United Kingdom stars David Oyelowo and Rosamund Pike and comes to UK cinemas 25th November 2016.
To celebrate the moving love story A United Kingdom we’re giving 1 reader the chance to win a copy of the book Colour Bar, which inspired the film, alongside an “Inspiring Stories” DVD bundle which includes Mandela, Selma and Suffragette, and a signed A United Kingdom poster.
A United Kingdom is based on extraordinary true events.
In 1947, Seretse Khama, the King of Botswana, met Ruth Williams, a London office worker. The attraction was immediate: she was captivated by his vision for a better world, he was struck by her willingness to embrace it.
Both felt liberated by the social upheaval that followed the war – Seretse sensed the opportunity for change as the Empire weakened, Ruth saw the possibility for a “bigger life” as women pushed for independence and equality.
They were a perfect match, yet their proposed marriage was challenged not only by their families but by the British and South African governments. The latter had recently introduced the policy of apartheid and found the notion of a biracial couple ruling a neighbouring country intolerable. South Africa threatened the British: either thwart the couple or be denied access to South African uranium (vital for the British nuclear program) and gold (vital to replenish reserves following the war) and face the risk of South Africa invading Botswana.
Despite the terrible pressures they faced, Seretse and Ruth never wavered – they fought for their love every step of the way, and in so doing changed their nation and inspired the world.
To be in with a chance to win all you need to do is answer the following question correctly. Deadline to enter in the competition form below this post is midnight on 15 December 2016.
Who plays the role of Seretse Khama in A United Kingdom?
- Jack Davenport
- Tom Felton
- David Oyelowo
Prize Draw General Terms and Conditions
- Open to UK, Channel Islands, Isle of Man residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of Pathe Productions Ltd and their immediate families, their agents or anyone professionally associated with this promotion.
- No purchase necessary.
- To enter the promotion the participant must answer the question above
- Applicants will be entered into a free prize draw to win a copy of Colour Bar, a DVD bundle and a signed A United Kingdom poster
- The Promotion will run between 19.11.16 – 15.12.16 (12:00am)
- 1 winner will be selected at random.
- Only one entry per person.
- No bulk, third party, automated or organised group entries will be accepted. Incomplete or corrupt entries or entries that are not in accordance with entry instructions will not be accepted.
- We are not liable for any person not being able to enter the promotion for any reason, including and without limitation system failure, error, hacks on the system or personal computer issues.
- The winners of the Promotion will be selected at random as soon as practicable after the end of the promotional period in a random draw from all valid entries, under the supervision of an independent observer.
- The winner will be notified by London Mums. To accept the prize, the winner must contact London Mums with their address.
- The prize will be posted to winner by Pathé Productions Ltd using registered post. A signature will be required upon delivery
- No responsibility can be taken for entries that are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason.
- The Promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- No cash alternatives will be given in whole or in part. The prizes are subject to availability, non-transferable and non-refundable, must be taken as offered and will only be awarded to the winner as specified on the entry form.
- We will not replace any lost, damaged or stolen prize items once they have been dispatched or are in the winner’s possession. The winner acknowledges that, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee (whether express or implied, in fact or in law) in relation to any prize, including but not limited to its quality or mechanical condition. The main prize is covered by the manufacturer’s guarantee only.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the identity of any entrant or a winner before making the prize award.
- The winners may be required to participate in publicity arising from the promotion with no recompense.
- By taking part in this Promotion all claimants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions (which may be amended or varied at any time by us if circumstances make this unavoidable).
- Winners agree that the Promoter, its subsidiaries, affiliates, related companies and employees, and any other sponsors, advertisers and promotional agencies shall have no liability, except and to the extent that it is not permissible by law to exclude liability (such as liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence or breach of contract), in connection with the acceptance or use of any of the prizes awarded.
- The Promotion and these Terms and Conditions are governed by English law and each entrant hereby irrecoverably submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Events may occur that render the prize draw itself or the awarding of the prize impossible due to reasons beyond the control of the Promoter and accordingly the Promoter may at its absolute discretion vary or amend the promotion and the entrant agrees that no liability shall attach to the Promoter as a result thereof.
- Promoter: Pathe Productions Ltd, 6 Ramillies Street, London, W1F 7TY
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums