Win 1 of 3 Newborn Starter Sets by Munchkin
- Published on Thursday, 16 October 2014 11:15
- Last Updated on 08 October 2014
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
With the goal of helping new mums reach their breastfeeding goals, the revolutionary Munchkin LATCH™ bottle feeding system is designed to offer mum everything she needs to make the transition from breast to bottle feeding as natural and comfortable as possible, for mum and baby.
Launched in June 2014, and the result of a 3 year programme of in-depth research, and testing, the LATCH™ feeding system has been developed in partnership with Lactation Consultants, Midwives, Health Care Specialists and a panel of Experienced Mums.
The LATCH™ teat has a truly innovative accordion base that moves, stretches and pumps, just like the breast, ensuring baby establishes and maintains a proper latch and continuous connection to help reduce the symptoms of colic. As baby grows, so does the LATCH™ teat range. Stage 2 and 3 teats allow Mum to increase the flow as baby’s feeding demands increase.
The slow flow rate of the LATCH™ teat mimics mums’ breast milk flow for a more natural feed, whilst the unique anti-colic valve on the base of the bottle ensures air bubbles do not pass through the milk, reducing the risk of colic.
The LATCH™ patents-pending, accordion-style teat and anti-colic valve system offers a truly natural feeding experience because it:
- Helps baby sustain a NATURAL LATCH: Experts agree a proper latch is achieved when Mum’s nipple reaches all the way back to baby’s soft palate. The unique accordion-style teat on LATCH™ gently flexes and stretches like the breast helping baby to latch correctly
- Provides a more NATURAL FEEDING experience: When breastfeeding, baby controls the flow of milk by applying pressure to the base of mums nipple. The LATCH™ bottle mimics mum by compressing to release more milk as baby pushes against the teats base, for a comfortable and fulfilling feed
- While feeding, provides NATURAL MOVEMENT as the accordion-style teat flexes as baby moves her head providing a continuous latch, reducing the ingestion of air. The one way, easy to clean anti-colic valve located at the base of the LATCH™ bottle allows for milk to flow while ensuring air bubbles do not enter the milk or travel through it.
“Lots of bottle companies attempt to make bottles that look like the breast – LATCH was created to truly function like the breast,” said Steve Dunn, chairman and CEO of Munchkin, Inc. “We know how important breastfeeding is for babies and mums, so we designed a product that provides an easy transition between the breast and bottle and back. We created a bottle that can be introduced into a mother’s breastfeeding routine and ultimately help her achieve her feeding goals.”
The LATCH bottles are available in a range of variety packs sizes ranging in price from RRP £6.99 to £29.99. The full LATCH bottle range will be available from Boots and Kiddicare from June 2014. Bottles come in 4oz/120ml and 8oz/240ml sizes. The Newborn Starter Bottle set includes 2 120ml bottles, 2 240ml bottles, 4 Stage 1 teats, 2 Stage 2 teats and the LATCH bottle & teat brush. Also available are 3 teat stages with advancing flow rates to meet baby’s needs. www.munchkin.com/latch
LATCH is available initially through Boots and Kiddicare stores around the UK.
For your chance of winning one of Munchkin’s Newborn Starter Sets, please tell us your views on breastfeeding in a short sentence. Deadline to enter is 16th November 2014. Please enter your answer using the competition form below.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums