Valentine Menu main course: Fillet Steak with Green Olive Tapenade
- Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 09:01
- Last Updated on 23 January 2013
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
A Fillet Steak with Green Olive Tapenade will be a great Valentine Menu main course. Avoid the set menus and create an aphrodisiac-filled feast at home this Valentine’s Day with London Mums Valentine Menu.
We all know that using asparagus, strawberries and chocolate are tried and tested ways to stimulate your senses, but did you know that olives are equally as effective? True story; the black olive increases desire and passion in ladies, while the green variety improves the strength and energy of men.
Don’t believe us? Well you can only try this Valentine Menu at home that is guaranteed to get hearts racing…
– Aphrodisiac four: 60g pitted green olives (we used Fragata olives for this Menu).
– Aphrodisiac five: 1 crushed garlic clove
– 4 beef fillet steaks
– 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
– 2 tsp baby salted capers, rinsed and drained
– 2 tsp lemon juice
– 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1. Place olives, parsley, capers, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor and process to a coarse paste. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
2. Heat a chargrill pan on high heat. Brush steaks with olive oil. Season with sea salt and black pepper. Cook steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side for medium. Remove and cover loosely with foil and rest for 5 min.
3. To serve, place rested steaks onto a serving plate and top with tapenade.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums