Valentine Dessert recipe: Millionaire’s Shortbread with Black Olive Caramel
- Published on Wednesday, 23 January 2013 09:03
- Last Updated on 23 January 2013
- Monica Costa
- 2 Comments
The Millionaire’s Shortbread with Black Olive Caramel is the ultimate Aphrodisiac dessert for Valentine.
Don’t believe us? Well you can only try our Valentine Menu at home that is guaranteed to get hearts racing…The Millionaire’s Shortbread with Black Olive Caramel is definitely a yummy and good looking Valentine Dessert recipe.
– Aphrodisiac six: 100g pitted black olives (we used Fragata olives for this Menu)
– 200g caster sugar
– 50g liquid glucose
– Aphrodisiac seven: 200g plain chocolate.
– Knob of butter
– 175g butter
– 5 tbsp caster sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 175g plain flour
– Pinch of salt
– Aphrodisiac eight: a handful of strawberries.
1. To make the shortbread preheat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4. Cream the butter and sugar together and add the vanilla. Beat until smooth. Add the flour and salt and press onto the bottom of a greased or lined tin. Bake for 20-25 min until shortbread is pale golden. Set aside to cool.
2. While the shortbread is cooling blend the olives in a food processor to a fine paste, melt the caster sugar and 50g of glucose syrup in a saucepan over a low heat, then increase the heat and continue to cook until the caramel is golden brown. Remove from the heat and whisk in the olive paste. Leave to cool then spoon onto the shortbread. Allow to set at room temperature for at least 20 min.
3. When the caramel has set, melt the chocolate in the microwave with the butter and spread it in an even layer over the caramel.
4. Leave it out at room temperature to harden a little . Before the chocolate has completely set cut into squares or your desired shape and enjoy. Garnish with fresh strawberries.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums