Pancake day recipe: Pancake Rapids
- Published on Thursday, 09 February 2012 11:50
- Last Updated on 09 February 2012
- Monica Costa
- 1 Comment
Here is an amazing recipe for Pancake Rapids. Get creative while making a yummy pancake this Shrove Tuesday.
Crepe pancakes (see recipe below)
Lyle’s Squeezy Chocolate Syrup
Lyle’s Golden Syrup
Blue food colouring
1. Make up crepe pancake mix as per instructions. Add Lyle’s Chocolate Syrup to the mix and beat in.
2. Warm up frying pan over medium heat, melt a knob of butter. Make a series of large, thin pancakes.
3. Drape the pancake over a foil shape (can be any shape, the more random the better) and place on baking tray in a pre-heated oven at 100 degrees for an hour, until pancake is stiff.
4. Make a pool of yoghurt in the bowl. Trim the tops off strawberries and place upside down in yoghurt pool. Break up small pieces of pancake and scatter among the strawberry ‘rocks’. Choose a large piece of baked pancake with a fold in it and balance on the edge of the bowl to form a small waterfall.
5. Mix the golden syrup with a little water and a few drops of food colouring then pour down the pancake waterfall to serve.
Monica Costa founded London Mums in September 2006 after her son Diego’s birth together with a group of mothers who felt the need of meeting up regularly to share the challenges and joys of motherhood in metropolitan and multicultural London. London Mums is the FREE and independent peer support group for mums and mumpreneurs based in London https://londonmumsmagazine.com and you can connect on Twitter @londonmums