A Parents’ Summer Holiday Survival Guide!
- Published on Monday, 18 July 2016 12:24
- Last Updated on 18 July 2016
- 0 Comments
The summer holidays are here! Which means one thing…you have 6 weeks of quality time with the little terrors- don’t fear! I’ve 10 brilliant activities and boredom busters that can help you survive!
1. Library visits. Sign up for the Summer Reading Challenge. There are always free events you can sign up for so head to a library near you!
2. Trips to the park. Throw the bikes, scooters, bird food, kids and snacks in the car and head down to the park. Hours of cost free fun!
3. Let’s go fly a kite! Get some fresh air and make the most of the sunshine, kids love watching kites soaring above! -It can keep them entertained for hours.
4. Museum visits. A few family friendly ones include: Horniman Museum, V&A Museum of Childhood, Science Museum, London Transport Museum, Natural History Museum.
5. Zoo/Farm trips. Nothing beats witnessing the look of wonder and amazement in kids’ eyes when they see a lion growling! Or when they feed a kid some hay.
6. Fruit/vegetable picking. This is a great way to encourage a healthy lifestyle, and have some family bonding time.
7. A day at the beach. It’s easy to over look our stunning coastline- there are miles of it to explore. Grab your nets (for the rock pools), buckets, and spades and make a family trip of it without breaking the budget.
8. Camping out in the garden can be tons of fun. Make sure it’s a clear night and look for constellations together.
9. Bake! Scones, cakes, bread, whatever you fancy. Why not have a cake decorating competition- buy some pre made cakes (if you prefer), different coloured icing tubes, sprinkles, candies, and let the competition begin!
10. Make a photo journal. Let the kids take pics of their summer adventures, and print out their favourites, get a scrapbook (get them to decorate it) and fill it with all your memories.
For more ideas of how to get the kids learning and having fun at the same time go to www.facebook.com/rainbowclub.co.uk and Like!
Sonya is a mother to 3 young children, a loving (most of the time) wife, and an entrepreneur. When she isn’t running about after her kids, she loves to go hiking, biking, and spending time with her family and friends.
Follow The Rainbow Club at https://www.facebook.co/rainbowclub.co.uk/
If you have any stories you would like to share about your own experiences with Private/Prep school entrance assessments please email her on firstname.lastname@example.org