Recipe: Open-Top Filo Pie with Spicy Tomato Chutney
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Wednesday, 08 March 2017 11:00
- Last Updated on 06 March 2017
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Recipe SummarySwitch Category: Steady Cooking For: 4 Courses: Dinner Spice rating: Mild Complexity: Easy Ready In: 40mins
Ingredients ListOpen-Top Filo Pie with Spicy Tomato Chutney By Faith Toogood Chutney 75ml vegetable stock 200g chopped tomatoes 1 tbsp. tomato puree 1 cinnamon stick 1 small onion, Finely Chopped 1 garlic clove, Finely Chopped 1 carrot, Finely Chopped 1 tbsp. olive oil Filo Pie 200g ricotta cheese, Drained
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas Mark
- Grease a 20cm round spring form tart tin with butter. Place in a couple of the filo sheets and overlap them, continue layering and brushing the outer edges with butter, then leave to one side.
- Break up the feta and scatter it into a large mixing bowl along with the spinach, pine nuts, raisins, garlic, lemon juice, and ricotta. Season and then pour into the filo pastry case. Dot the remaining feta on top.
- Bring the outer edges of the filo pasty into the centre and scrunch them slightly to form a border around the edge. Place into the oven and cook for 18 to 20 minutes, it should be hot with golden, crispy pastry.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat the olive oil and fry the onion, garlic and carrot for the chutney for 5 minutes. Add the puree, tomatoes and cinnamon and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Pour in the stock and allow the mixture to simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, it will reduce slightly.
- Season, and serve with the filo pie.