Recipe: Mushroom & Potato Pie
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Monday, 06 March 2017 14:21
- Last Updated on 06 March 2017
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Recipe SummaryCooking For: 4 Courses: Dinner Spice rating: Mild Complexity: Easy Ready In: 1h 10mins
Ingredients ListStrong Style Mushroom & Potato Pie By Faith Toogood 1kg potatoes, peeled and chopped 1 pinch of salt & pepper, to taste 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese 1 pinch of ground nutmeg 5 tbsp olive oil 3 large eggs 200ml milk 10 spring onions, chopped 750g mushrooms, washed and chopped 250g spring greens
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Boil the potatoes in a saucepan until very soft, then drain and mash them.
- Add 50ml milk, one egg and salt and pepper to the pan and stir into the mash.
- Coat the sides of a large flat pie dish with the potato mixture.
- In a large frying pan, heat 3 tbsp olive oil and use this to sauté the assorted mushrooms along with the spring onions. Continue to cook until soft, ensuring all of the liquid initially released by the mushrooms has been re-absorbed (this will give the best flavour).
- Spoon the mushrooms into the pie dish and spread evenly on top of the potato.
- Combine the remaining two eggs with 150ml of milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper, and then pour this batter over the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan on top, if using, then place the pie in the centre of the pre-heated oven and bake for 40 minutes until the mushroom mixture is well set. Whilst this is baking steam or boil the spring greens and drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- A sprinkling of chives is the perfect finishing touch to serve. Serve with the spring greens and enjoy.