Recipe: My Granny’s Summer berries Jam (child-friendly)
- Feeding the Family
- Published on Thursday, 30 March 2017 11:10
- Last Updated on 27 March 2017
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Ingredients (for 2 medium sized jam jars)
500 g mixed summer fruits (you can buy them frozen as they are cheaper. Asda sells them as 'summer fruits') 250 g jam sugar or Sweet Freedom (I prefer it to normal sugar as it's fruit sugar and already in liquid form)
- Put the fruit in a blender for a smooth tasting ham or crash the fruit in a pot if you prefer the jam with lots of bits
- Pour the mix in a pan on a medium heat, bring it to the boil then summer for 20 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and leave it to cool a bit.
- When cold, pour the mix in jam jars (if you want to keep it for long, I suggest you sterilise the jars by boiling them in water), and keep in the fridge for a week.