Strawberry Macaroons with Lemon curd
- Published on Tuesday, 10 July 2012 09:50
- Last Updated on 07 July 2012
- Monica Costa
- 0 Comments
Strawberry Macaroons with Lemon curd.
Prep time: 20 minutes
2 large lemons (juice and zest of)
2 large eggs
175 g caster sugar
115 g butter
1 dessert spoon corn flour
200 g Philadelphia Original
30 strawberry macaroon cases
1. Whish the eggs in a small saucepan, add the lemon juice, zest, sugar, butter and corn flour. Allow to simmer while constantly whisking for 8-10 minutes until the mixture thickens. Don’t allow it to boil.
2. Once the mixture is thick, turn off the heat and allow to cool completely before folding into the Philly.
3. Pour into a piping bag and pipe onto the bottom case of the macaroons, sandwich with the top and serve.